DBQ Prewrite will be stamped on 9/24-25
Monday, September 22, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Completed SNAPSHOT will be turned in on 10/9-10
Use Ch. 10,7,&8 to help you.
SNAPSHOT II: Classical Civilizations Directions
SNAPSHOT II: Classical Civilizations Map
SNAPSHOT II: Classical Civilizations (backside of map)
Use a separate SPEC Sheet for each of the 3 Major Classical Civilizations.
ROME (Ch. 10) SPEC Sheet will be STAMPED on 9/16-17
HAN CHINA (Ch. 7) SPEC Sheet will be STAMPED on 9/22-23
MAURYA/GUPTA INDIA (Ch. 8) SPEC Sheet will be STAMPED on 9/30-10/1
Monday, September 8, 2014
Here is the Mobile Rubric that will be used to grade each component of the completed MOBILE.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
SNAPSHOT I: Ancient Civilizations Directions
SNAPSHOT I: Ancient Civilizations Map
SNAPSHOT I: Ancient Civilizations (backside of map)
SNAPSHOT will be turned in on Thurs/Fri 9/4-5
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
1. Visit getafive.com and click on "I'm a student".
2. On the students page, choose "AP World History".
3. On the AP World History page, click on the "Enroll now" button.
4. Create an account or log in if you're already signed up.
5. You're now in your personal Study Room.
6. Click on the "Join a Class" tab on the left and enter the code for your AP World History class period:
Just take the Diagnostic Exam by Sunday, September 7 to receive a 100 as a grade during for the 1st 6-Weeks.
Summer Assignment Handout
History of the World in 6 Glasses
You will need to read the book A History of the World in Six Glasses. Read the instructions carefully.
You will need to bring the book and a printed copy of your study questions on the FIRST DAY of class.
Publisher: Walker Publishing Company
All parts of the summer project will be on:
www.lamarhs.org or lamarapwh.blogspot.com
Register at the turnitin.com website.
Go to "create a user profile" at top right corner.
Follow the directions after that.
It will eventually ask for the class ID and enrollment password:
Class ID: 8072642 Password: texans (case sensitive)
You will turn your Study Questions to the proper folder at turnitin.com.
Turnitin.com will verify that the work you turn in is your work alone.
Be prepared to also discuss the book and/or write an essay within the first few days of school.
We advise you to pace your reading over a few weeks during the summer.
DO NOT wait until the last few days before school to begin this assignment.
It would also be a great idea to invest in an APWH Study Guide.
KAPLAN AP WORLD HISTORY (Around $14)
5 STEPS TO A 5 (Around $14)
CRACKING THE AP WORLD HISTORY EXAM (Around $15)
BARRON'S AP WORLD HISTORY (Around $12)
AP WORLD HISTORY CRASH COURSE (Around $11)
Sunday, August 24, 2014
-Reviews must be TYPED and formatted based on the requirements below.
-You may complete one movie review per 6-weeks.
-Reviews are to be submitted to turnitin.com NO LATER THAN the last day of the 6-weeks.
-You can receive a 100 in place of your lowest grade other than your STAMP SHEET.
For each movie review, please include all of the following information:
2. Year released
4. Main actors and their characters
5. Rating- “R” rated movies require a parent signature on the top of page 1.
6. The Summary & Review (750 words minimum; written in paragraph form; includes all of the following):
a. Summary- a brief summary of the story, including the major characters and a POV STATEMENT
b. Setting/Connection to History- Explain the connection this movie has to World History. (In what
c. Movie Review- The purpose of a movie review is to inform a potential viewer about the movie by
7. “Critics Corner”- Your overall rating of the movie. You may assign it a letter grade, + and –ok (—ex: A-).
1st 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
1st 6-Weeks Reading Calendar from
9/2-5-River Valley Civilizations
1st 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
- 6 Glasses Study Questions
- Student Information Form
- Getafive.com Diagnostic Exam
- SNAPSHOT I: Ancient Civilizations
- Religions Mobile
- Rome Ch. 10 Short Answer Writing
- Map Activity
- Han China Ch. 7 Short Answer Writing
- Maurya/Gupta Ch. 8 Short Answer Writing
- STAMP SHEET
- Unit 1 Key Terms
- Crash Course Videos
1st 6-Weeks Stamped Assignments
- Prehistory, Migrators and Nomads
- Student Information Form
- The Nature of Civilization Questions
- Bronze and Iron Age Venn Chart
- Ancient Egypt/Mesopotamia/India SPEC Chart
- SOAPS/POV Assignment
- Ancient China and Americas SPEC Chart
- Classical Persia SPEC Chart
- The Persian Press
- Classical Han China SPEC Chart
- 6 Glasses Comparison Venn Diagram
2nd 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
2nd 6-Weeks Reading Calendar from
11/3-11/7-East Asian Empires
2nd 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
2nd 6-Weeks Stamped Assignments
- Classical India SPEC Chart
- Buddhism in China DBQ Prewrite
- Classical Greece SPEC Chart
- Classical Rome SPEC Chart
- SOAPS/POV Practice Exercise II
- Matching Review Activity
- Silk Roads Historical Marker
- Byzantine SPEC Chart
- Byzantine Empire Questions/Engineering an Empire
- Constantinople Real Estate Ad
- 5 Pillars of Islam Chart/Study Questions
- Rise and Spread of Islam Questions
- Abbasid Caliphate SPEC Chart
- Questions about Islamic Civilization
- Tang and Song Venn Chart
3rd 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
3rd 6-Weeks Reading Calendar from
12/1-5-Sub-Saharan African Kingdoms
12/8-12-Renaissance and Reformation
3rd 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
3rd 6-Weeks Stamped Assignments
- Tang Dynasty SPEC Chart
- Feudal Japan SPEC Chart
- Feudal Japan Questions/Timeline
- Yuan Dynasty SPEC Chart
- The Rise of the Mongols Questions
- Feudalism Venn Diagram
- Crusades DBQ Prewrite
- Development of Feudalism in Western Europe Notes
- Dev. of Feudalism Activities
- Feudal Europe SPEC Chart
- Africa: Mansa Musa, Independent Study
- Africa Investigation
- Ghana SPEC Chart
- Renaissance & Reformation Questions
- Renaissance & Reformation Venn Diagram
4th 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
4th 6-Weeks Reading Calendar from
4th 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
4th 6-Weeks Stamped Assignments
- Winter Break Questions
- DBQ Prewrite: Women in the Middle Ages
- Aztec vs. Inca Independent Study/SPRITES Chart
- Tokugawa Japan SPEC Chart
- Qing Dynasty SPEC Chart
- CCOT Pre-Write Homework Activity
- Ottoman Empire SPEC Chart
- Mughal Empire SPEC Chart
- More Practice CCOT Pre-Write Gunpowder Empires
- The Russian Empire Questions
- Personal CCOT Pre-Write Activity
- Personal Portion of CCOT Prezi
- Revolutions: Compare and Contrast
- Urban Game Student Guide
- Industrial Revolution Questions
- Industrial Revolution PICTOWORD
- Adam Smith and the Industrial Revolution
5th 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
5th 6-Weeks Reading Calendar from
5th 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
5th 6-Weeks Stamped Assignments
- Industrial Revolution Pictoword
- Adam Smith & the Industrial Revolution
- Industrial Revolution Questions
- Imperialism Questions
- Analyzing Imperial Motives
- Imperialism DBQ Prewrite
- World War I Questions
- First World War Activities
- Interwar Years Rough Draft
- Russian Revolution Conditions and Results
- French and Russian Revolutions Compared
- 20th Century Revolutions Questions
- 20th Century Totalitarians Questions
- World War II Questions
6th 6-Weeks Reading Calendar
6th 6-Weeks Graded Assignments
- People Shape the World Video Questions
- 13 Days Viewing Guide
- Challenges in our World Today Questions
- Anti-Genocide Brochure
- Globalization and Economics Video Questions
- Global Pop Culture Video Questions
- Word Association Review
- STAAR Pictoral Review
- History of the World in Two Hours Video Questions
- Stamp Sheet
- Advice Wordle